Awards are presented to recognize INCOSE Working Groups who have contributed significant volunteer effort on behalf of INCOSE.
All Working Groups that have approved charters under Technical Operations are eligible to receive awards under the Working Group Awards and Recognition Program. Not all awards are awarded every year. The Awards recognise exemplary Working Group activities in specific areas:
- Product of the Year award is presented to the Working Group that, either independently or working in collaboration with other Working Groups and/or other INCOSE stakeholders, has developed and published the product which is considered to provide the most significant value to INCOSE's stakeholders,. This award may be shared between two or more Working Groups.
- Sustained Performance award is presented to an individual Working Group that has provided exemplary value to INCOSE stakeholders over a multi-year period.
- Collaboration award is presented to the leadership of the Working Groups that have demonstrated the most exemplary collaboration in working with other Working Groups and/or other INCOSE stakeholders.
- Outreach award is presented to the Working Group, or combination of Working Groups, that has made the most significant contribution to the development of INCOSE in a non-aerospace/defence domain, and/or outside of the USA.
- Achieving the Systems Engineering Vision award is presented to the Working Group that has made the most significant contribution toward achieving the Systems Engineering Vision.