Dear INCOSE Members,
2021 has kicked-off at a great speed. We held a very successful International Workshop (IW2021), fully virtual, exceeding all expectations with the level of collaboration achieved. Likewise, leaders of INCOSE participated in four different strategy sessions earlier this month. And to think it is only mid-February 2021!
As you may be aware, at IW2021 we stated we would announce the format of our International Symposium (IS2021), planned for 19-22 July 2021 in Honolulu, Hawaii. Firstly, I would like to state the health and safety of our members, contractors and alliances remain our highest priority. As such, based on the current global impact of the pandemic and subsequent government restrictions and regulations in the foreseeable future, we will be bringing IS2021 to you as a virtual event.
This is the second year our event will be held in this format. It will be conducted on the same dates, 19-22 July 2021, and will be a four (4) day event offering multiple parallel tracks. Participants will be able to interact and network with extraordinary people, connect with friends, and choose the sessions they wish to attend from an informative packed program. We will continue to build and expand on the excellent INCOSE virtual event platform built in collaboration with our Events Organiser, KMD.
The benefits you will receive when you register to participate in our virtual IS 2021 event include -
• Real-time participation in any of the sessions on the days you have registered.
• Access to recorded sessions should the time of the session not be suitable for you.
• The means to interact with the presenters and other symposium participants through chat rooms, breakout groups, and on-line collaboration tools.
• Hearing first-hand our keynote speakers.
• Celebrating the honours and awards bestowed on fellow members, colleagues and champions of Systems Engineering.
• Networking across virtual social function(s).
• Interacting with exhibitors and sponsors through virtual exhibit halls and chat rooms.
• Receiving a copy of the proceedings.
Registration will open in the coming weeks. You will have the option to register for a single day or for the entire event, i.e., 4 days’ participation. The program schedule will be based on Hawaii’s time zone. Key sessions will be scheduled at a time where we have the greatest opportunity to support the majority of participants to join remotely.
Further information will be made available over the coming weeks on the symposium website at https://www.incose.org/symp2021 , and via social media and other communication means. If you have any general questions relating to this message, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
The theme of IS2021, “Accelerating through Adversity”, could not be more suitable in these challenging times. I am personally looking forward to learning and sharing knowledge in support of this theme. I hope you can join us at IS2021.
Lastly, I would like to thank, yet again our volunteers and members for their outstanding efforts in making IS2021 the international premier Systems Engineering virtual event.
Keep well, keep safe.