2021 Annual INCOSE Western States Regional Conference (WSRC)
Sailing the digital wave!
17-19 September 2021| San Diego, CA, USA
Explore the theme and the topics for the WSRC 2021.
Call for Proposals: Deadline - April 25, 2021
The San Diego Chapter of the International Council on Systems Engineering (INCOSE) is hosting the fourth annual Western States Regional Conference, serving the Systems Engineering communities across the western United States and beyond.
The conference will feature keynote presentations, tutorials, technical presentations, panel discussions, and networking events. This is a planned live, in-person event. The venue is the Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Airport / Liberty Station near downtown San Diego, CA and convenient to numerous business and entertainment opportunities. The conference theme is Sailing the Digital Wave. We want to acknowledge and celebrate successful application of Systems Engineering in the San Diego area and Western USA and identify future activities of potential value.
The WSRC Program Committee invites you to submit a proposal for a presentation, panel discussion, or tutorial. We are open to any submission but are especially interested in case studies and the application of systems engineering to:
Submitting a Proposal:
- Digital Engineering
- Artifical Intelligence / Machine Learning
- Systems Thinking
- Healthcare & Bio Tech
- Telecommunications / 5G
- Agile & DevOps
Proposals (in English) must be submitted through EasyChair, https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=wsrc2021, and must include:
- Name, affiliation, contact information, and brief biography, including any additional presenters or instructors, if any
- Abstract which clearly and concisely describes the subject (1000-word limit). Please ensure that the abstract clearly identifies (1) the issue to be addressed, (2) the main points of the presentation, and (3) what the audience will take away from the presentation
- For panels, please identify why the topic is relevant, panel participants who have committed to participate, and a summary of their position statements
- For tutorials, please identify top-level learning objectives, topical outline, and proposed duration (half or full-day)
- Presentations are allocated 45 minutes including questions
Each accepted submittal will receive one $50 registration discount. At least one presenter (or the panel chair and all panelists) must register for the conference and pay the applicable registration fee.
If you have questions
, please see our contact information on the Contact tab.
WSRC2021 will also feature an INCOSE Systems Engineering Professional Development Day (SE PDD)
on Saturday, September 18, 2021. The SE PDD will be a virtual extension of the conference, with the featured sessions broadcast from San Diego to several satellite sites across the region. Presentations and panels may be selected for participation in the SE PDD.
Presenters grant INCOSE the right to record, publish, and distribute their presentations, including audio, video, and slide show content, unless expressly denied in writing. See the INCOSE IP release form: https://www.incose.org/wsrc