Crossroads of America Chapter
Welcome to Your Local Systems Engineering Community Home!
The Crossroads of America Chapter seeks to broaden the understanding, acceptance and utilization of Systems Engineering processes, principles and systems thinking within the business and academic sectors of the Indiana and Illinois region.
- To provide a focal point for dissemination of systems engineering knowledge.
- To promote collaboration in systems engineering education and research.
- To assure the establishment of professional standards for integrity in the practice of systems engineering.
- To improve the professional status of all persons engaged in the practice of systems engineering.
- To encourage governmental and industrial support for research and educational programs that will improve the systems engineering process and its practice.
- INCOSE encourages conferences, workshops, seminars and courses, and may sponsor or co-sponsor such events as appropriate.
- INCOSE will provide its members with a membership listing and newsletter and will initiate bulletins, technical journals, and electronic bulletin boards, when feasible, to improve the dissemination of the systems engineering knowledge base.
- INCOSE will take action to increase the funding of research and educational activities that enhance the practice of systems engineering.
- The INCOSE Crossroads of America Chapter was founded in 2002, initially associated with the states of Indiana and Illinois.
- The parent INCOSE organization was founded in 1991.
- The Chicagoland Chapter was founded in 2010, to better serve INCOSE members in the Chicago region.