The main purpose of the Configuration Management Working Group (WG) is to ensure that the state of the art and the body of knowledge in CM be used to enhance the state of the art and the body of knowledge of SE; and vice versa. The CM WG will lead this effort within INCOSE; in liaison with external CM related experts, standardization bodies and other organizations and communities, as appropriate.
The Configuration Management Working Group albeit relatively young has started making a mark in INCOSE by looking at the following topics:
- Active contribution the 3 relevant sections of the INCOSE Handbook for its 5th Edition
- Influenced the CM part ion the ISO15288 standard
- feedback delivered on the 2035 draft vision of INCOSE
- after brainstorming we down selected the following 3 topics to work on this year:
- Describe Configuration Management vision in a Digital Thread /. Digital Twin Implementation.
- Managing CM across an extended enterprise including SoS
- Upgrade/Create CM glossary to include MBSE scope.
- we would like to publish a "Don't Panic ... The absolute beginners guide to Configuration Management"
If you would like to get involved in any of these topics or have other ideas don't hesitate to get in touch.