The main purpose of the Configuration Management (CM) Working Group (WG) is to ensure that the state of the art and the body of knowledge in CM be used to enhance the state of the art and the body of knowledge of SE; and vice versa. The CM WG will lead this effort within INCOSE; in liaison with external CM related experts, standardization bodies and other organizations and communities, as appropriate.
Top 3 Current Working Group Priorities:
- Describe the CM vision in a Digital Thread / Digital Twin Implementation
- Manage CM across an extended enterprise including SoS
- Include MBSE scope in CM glossary
- NEW: A slot at the INCOSE EMEA Workshop 21 is available for a member of the CM WG to highlight a relevant topic. The slot is on Friday 29 October 2021 from 14:45 - 15:45 CEST. Registration cost as presenters is 60 €. Contact Adriana D'Souza, Adriana .firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Register your interest in group participation via
The Configuration Management Working Group, albeit relatively young, has started making a mark in INCOSE with the below products:
- Current Active Products
- Contribution the 3 relevant sections of the INCOSE Handbook for its 5th Edition
- Influenced the CM part ion the ISO15288 standard
- Feedback delivered on the 2035 draft vision of INCOSE
- Future Planned Products
- Describe Configuration Management vision in a Digital Thread /. Digital Twin Implementation
- Managing CM across an extended enterprise including SoS
- Upgrade/Create CM glossary to include MBSE scope
- Publish a "Don't Panic ... The absolute beginners guide to Configuration Management"
If you would like to get involved in any of these topics or have other ideas don't hesitate to get in touch.
- presentation on "Providing Truths Trust and Traceability to MBSE
" on Monday 19 July 21 15:55 EST