The SBSE WG Purpose
- Is to support Systems Engineering concepts that have been adopted and adapted by most industries
- In the context of Very Small Entities (VSE) and small projects, these concepts can be tailored to improve:
•Product development efficiency
•Contribute to Standardization
The SBSE WG Goal
- Support and promote the application of SE by Entities with a workforce of up to 25 persons
- In the context of VSEs, these concepts can be used or tailored to improve:
- Product development and service delivery efficiency (including costs and delays)
- Lifecycle Management Guides and Deployment Packages (DP) to meet stakeholder needs
Working Group Scope:
This working group has the scope of the ISO 29110 as it pertains to organizations of up to twenty-five (25) persons.
Public Site of the ISO Working Group Mandated to Develop ISO/IEC 29110 Standards and Guides for Very Small Entities involved in the Development or Maintenance of Systems and/or Software
As systems and software quality increasingly become a subject of concern, and as process approaches are maturing and earning the confidence of organizations, the use of ISO/IEC JTC1/SC7 international standards is spreading in organizations of all sizes.
A Very Small Entity (VSE) is an entity (enterprise, organization, department or project) having up to 25 people. However, most standards were not written having in mind Very Small Entities (VSEs) and are consequently difficult to apply in such settings. Worldwide, the percentage of micro and small enterprises is quite high. The table below shows that 92.2% of Eurepoean enterprises have up to 9 employees, another 6.5% have between 10 to 49 employees. Micro enterprises account for 70% to 90% of enterprises in OECD (Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development) countries and about 57% in USA.
Size of Enterprises in Europe (Moll, R., Being prepared – A bird’s eye view of SMEs and risk management, ISO Focus +, February 2013)
Here is a link to Professor Claude Y. Laporte's website for detailed information on SE for VSE.
IW2021 Coming Soon!
Marketing Materials; Quick Start Guide, Tri-fold, Primer, and more
INCOSE working groups are a great place to meet individuals who are looking to overcome similar challenges. These groups often span multiple regions and industries, so we can really look at these topics in a broad, informed way. In the North Star Chapter, we have several members Chair/working in different groups like the Measurement, SE in Very Small Enterprises (VSE), Handbook as well as others. There are many topics to choose from. Finding the groups and joining is easy!
To join any working group:
1. Login to your account at INCOSE.ORG
2. Click on the “Profile Home” link at the top of the page.
3. Scroll down to “My committees/Working Groups and click on the link “Browse/Join a Working Group”
4. This will result in a list of Working Groups under the header Committees. (The terms are interchangeable)
5. Scroll down until you see find a committee that you are interested in. Click the link and then on the right click on the (view) link.
6. This will result in a roster of current WG members.
7. Scroll down to the bottom of the list and under “Committee Tasks” click on "Join this Committee"
Working groups are a great way to learn more about a subject, grow your network, and share your knowledge about a subject.
Get Started TODAY with this link to Working Groups page!